Wednesday, November 12, 2008

THE NO FAULT DIVORCE

Divorce Warriors Unite!!

Hey did you know there is such a thing as divorce insurance. If you're interested here's the site. http://www.safeguardguaranty.com/. John Logan is the President & CEO. Nice guy. I'm sure he can help you out for your next marriage. Hey it's a great wedding gift too!


I have always thought it amazing that both parties in a divorce usually feel they have
been wronged – no matter who left whom. Like many injustices we experience, we want
the world to know the divorce wasn’t our fault. Unfortunately, there is no way to place legal blame in California and many other states. I remember how mad I was when I started filling out the paperwork to file for divorce. I kept looking for the box that said “Cheater” or “Adulterer,” but the only choices were “Irreconcilable Differences” or “Annulment.” I wanted to blame him, and there were no categories for that. I felt gypped.

At least in car accidents you have the choice of no-fault or you can cast 100 percent of
the blame on the poor fool that rear-ended you. Not so in divorce, even though I sure felt
like I had been rear-ended. It’s a little ironic. A total stranger can rear-end you by
accident, and you can sue him for damages. Depending on the circumstances you can put
him in the poor house, take his license away, and ruin his driving record if he is found at
fault. But your own spouse can ruin you financially, devastate you emotionally, and turn
your world upside down, and you can’t even legally have the satisfaction of blaming him
for causing you so much pain and anguish. You don’t get to legally say it was his fault or
her fault. Instead you have to check the box that says “Irreconcilable Differences” (code
words for: OUR FAULT)! I hated this description because it made me feel like I was
somehow responsible for the divorce, when he was the one who left. I was mad about that
at first; Why should I be blamed for something I didn’t do? I hadn’t learned yet how I had
contributed to the divorce.

In the end, you find out it doesn’t help to try to blame the other party. You both suffer
financially, emotionally, and in many other ways no matter who or what caused the
divorce. What is needed is no-fault divorce insurance: something to protect you against
the ensuing damages. But I’m here to tell you, you are your own best insurance plan.

1 comment:

Jay Parmar said...

It's important that you are aware of your divorce rights if you are going through a divorce or you are planning to get a divorce. Going through a divorce can be difficult and unsettling, but it's so important that you know your duties and rights so you can make sure you get the benefits you deserve. Be aware that each person has rights. First of all, it is important that you realize that each person in the relationship has divorce rights. You have rights and your spouse has rights as well. Once you realize this, the whole process will be a bit easier for you. So, remember that you each have rights and take the time to learn what these rights really are. This is not going to be a one way street for either of you. Visit online divorce lawyer for more information.