Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Well Hi there!

Today is Wednesday, December 12, 2007 and today is my first blog.

I don't really know what I am doing, only that I have never blogged anything before. Heck, I didn't even know what the word meant until recently. I remember hearing the word back when the tsunami hit and people were going onto blogs to find their lost family members. I didn't understand it then fully, only that it seemed really valuable and was a wonderful way to connect people. Wow only three years later and I'm onboard now, what a relief!

Whether or not the world can use one more blogger I'm not sure, but it does seem to be a good idea in today's publishing world and with the new release of my first book, 101 Things I Learned AFTER My Divorce, I thought I just might give it a shot.

My book is for anyone on the heels of divorce, going through a divorce or even a year or two out from divorce. It's about survival and about movng on. I have been divorced for nine years and have been remarried for the last four. I was once in your shoes and remember all too vividly the pain of splitting up especially when there are children to consider. But, know this, you are not alone.

It was amazing to me to realize how many people were moving through life, yet so many were going through exactly what I was going through. When I got divorced I started talking to others who had been divorced. It was truly shocking to me that so many people carried this same suitcase of baggage around with them and fought through it every single day. At the time, it seemed like everyone else was doing it with ease and I was the only one struggling. My friend, I'm here to tell you, you are not alone and life does get better.

Well, to keep this short, here is the first topic for the blog:

I thought I'd start with something appropriately related to the holidays. The holidays are a very telling time for troubled relationships. Bad relationships have a way of revealing themselves during the holidays and we pretty much have to come to terms with the sad truth by New Years whether or not they will last. I would say that there are two days in particular that are dealbreakers in most bad relationships. That would be New Years day and the day after Valentines. Certainly if you aren't together on New Years Eve, that can't be a good sign and well everyone pretty much knows that the national breakup day is the day after Valentines. Oh wait there's one more, the day after your birthday...isn't that grounds for a break up too, if they forget it?

What are your dealbreakers?

No comments: